Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tubes

After four months, four double infections, and four rounds of antibiotics, it was determined that our little man needed tubes.  The doctor said he had a ton of fluid which was very gel-like.  Chances are, we'd have made it to round five in the next 3-4 weeks without this procedure.  The hardest part was the 20 minutes or so after he woke where I just had to hold him while he cried.  Poor guy.  Of course by the afternoon, you'd have never known anything was wrong.

The little patient playing with toys while waiting for the "silly juice" to kick in.  I could tell it was relaxing him and making him loopy before they wheeled him back.



The nurse instructed me to watch him a little closer today as he would be unsteady from the anesthesia.   So what did he decide to do this afternoon?  Climb onto the train table.  Yup, that's my boy.




 Side note: He's wearing 5 bibs.  He kept bringing me bibs and indicating he wanted me to put them on.  After I put the Aggie one on, he seemed satisfied and moved on to other activities.  Silly boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment