Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunny Saturday

Saturday, May 3rd, was a gorgeous spring day and we took full advantage of it.

Saturday morning, I ran the Carrollton Trails 5K with friend and fellow Carrollton resident, Amy Hayes.  We have a very similar pace so she's a great running partner.  We pretty much stayed together the entire race.  It was great!
before the race

Bringing it home...

sprinting to the finish


all done with a time of 32:52

Mikaela, Nicholas, and Daddy walked out to meet us

My good friend, Courtney Holcomb came out to support me as well.  She had my students sign a poster for me.  It was a so thoughtful and a great way to finish the race!

a rose from Courtney & Mikaela


Saturday afternoon we took a family bike ride and tried out the bike caddy, we call "Trolly".  I don't know why.  As we were heading out for the first time, Mikaela cried out, "This is awesome!"  I imagine we'll have many family bike rides.

We rode over to our friends' house, but they weren't home so we took a picture on their porch.
Catching some zzz on the way home.  It's hard work watching Daddy bike us around.

We hope wherever you are, you enjoy pleasant weather and the nature created by a loving God.  Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment