Wednesday, August 27, 2014

17 (and a half) months old

I missed Nicholas' 16 month update because we were in Toronto when he turned 16 months and just never did that blog post when we got back.  Then he turned 17 months the day I went back to work so I'm just a tad behind.

He weighs a little over 21 lbs but I don't know his head circumference or his length.

He is a chatterbox.  He has several intelligible words:  shoes, hat, dad, mom, Ela (Mikaela), Cocoa, "ready, go", abre, banana, eat, please, help, up, bye, and probably a few others I'm forgetting right now.  And when I say "intelligible" I don't always mean completely correct pronunciation, but close enough that you know what he's saying.  On occasion, he has surprisingly clear speech.  He signs quite a bit as well including: where, shoes, hat, dog, more, milk, please, help, eat.  He also makes plenty of sound effects for cars like vroom, etc.

He loves to run, be outdoors and oh my, is he a climber!  He's gotten his leg stuck 3x in the crib because he was trying to figure out how to climb out.  I'll be searching for toddler beds soon, I supposed, but I"m really not ready for him to leave the crib!

He's a pretty good eater.  I think his list of "green foods" is relatively short (though longer than Mikaela's), but he will try just about anything you put in front of him.  He doesn't always like it, but will at least give it a taste.  His favorite foods are green beans, strawberries, bananas, grapes, mangos, oranges, peaches.  Yep - he loves his fruit.  He'll eat yogurt, crackers, chicken, cheese, spaghetti/pasta, bread, and other veggies fairly consistently but always goes for the favorites first.  Sometimes he doesn't eat too much but he's always wanting to run and play so who has time to stop and eat?  Certainly not him sometimes.

He is in transition between 1 nap and 2.  Some days he still takes two but often it's just one and total nap time sleep is rarely more than 1.5 hrs.  He sleeps about 12 hours at night, sometimes 13.

He still loves to cuddle and that is OK by me!

He also loves to "read."  He's constantly pulling books off the shelf to "read."  Many times he brings me one then sits in front of me (back to me) to communicate he's ready to read.

He's starting to promote at church to the toddler class. We still drop him at nursery but usually end up picking him up next door.  He seems to be "in the middle" where there are several smaller babies in class and then the toddler kids are a tad older but they move him over after awhile and he's liking it there.

Every day he seems a little older and a little less baby.  I love to watch all he learns and does, but it is going by too quickly!

Here are some pictures/videos of him from the past month or so.







Chick-fil-a story time


mini golf at Daddy's work



Popsicle with Mikaela and Benjamin


being silly with pacifiers he found.



The video below shows Nicholas playing "Where's the Ball?"  After putting the ball into the giraffe's mouth, it goes down and will come out one of 4 places so a game developed that after the ball goes down, we sign "Where?" to find which slot it came out of.  That's what he was signing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment